You’ll Never Guess Who We Get to Call Tomorrow

Did you hear it? The distant sounds of chains breaking and falling, rusted and beaten, to the ground at the feet of a family of four who got sick of their weight 25 months ago?

With four index fingers hovering over a mouse button tonight we all clicked it and sent off our last payment.

We’re debt free.

:::sigh:::

Wow, that feels good.

the Dad

24 Responses to this post.

1. Kelsalynn's Gravatar

Posted by Kelsalynn on 03/31/11 at 6:03 pm

EEEEEEEEEEK! That’s so awesome! Congratulations!

You need a much BIGGER post than this one though- we all want the details from both The Dad and The Mom. How do you feel? What now?

2. the Dad's Gravatar

Posted by the Dad on 03/31/11 at 6:11 pm

You’re right, but man am I beat. Three jobs tired, you know? Still, overwhelming happiness.

Thanks, darlin.

3. Louise's Gravatar

Posted by Louise on 04/01/11 at 12:02 am

Oh wow Congratulations!!!! thats fantastic, well done you to you both!

4. Mysti's Gravatar

Posted by Mysti on 04/01/11 at 2:59 am

AWESOME job!!!!!!

5. Debbie's Gravatar

Posted by Debbie on 04/01/11 at 3:44 am

I’ve been following your posts and am SO HAPPY for you and your family!!! I originally found your site when searching for an Excel budget sheet – found the one created by Dustin. I am forever grateful for finding the budget sheet because, at 45, I had never budgeted before!

I know your trail to debt freedom took a lot of discipline and going without things, but if you are like us, you get used to it and that becomes the norm. We are one year into our three year journey of becoming debt free.

Enjoy your debt freedom and keep following the steps!!! And I can’t wait to hear you on Dave’s show!

Take care,

Debbie

6. Sharon's Gravatar

Posted by Sharon on 04/01/11 at 5:20 am

AMAZING!!!! You did it!!! So, when you are all rested, what’s next? Inquiring minds want to know! :) !

7. Granny's Gravatar

Posted by Granny on 04/01/11 at 5:45 am

There are no words to express how proud I am of your family. You’ve done a remarkable thing in this day and age: Not only by resolving your debt situation, but by having the discipline to stick to a plan.

OK, I’m going to try anyway: I am very, very proud of you! Congratulations! And much love to you all, always,

Granny

8. dustinc109's Gravatar

Posted by dustinc109 on 04/01/11 at 6:20 am

Most Excellent Congrats Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Auntie Liz's Gravatar

Posted by Auntie Liz on 04/01/11 at 6:38 am

Oh, my. Shout it from the rooftops. You will continue to help so many other people!
    Love you guys.

10. Bill's Gravatar

Posted by Bill on 04/01/11 at 6:39 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

11. Kathryn's Gravatar

Posted by Kathryn on 04/01/11 at 8:56 am

That is outstanding! You have been such an inspiration! We hope to make the same announcement by the end of this year! Way to go!!!!! –Kathryn in Chicago

12. Kellie's Gravatar

Posted by Kellie on 04/01/11 at 9:59 am

Yay!!! Standing O!!!!!

I’m so proud of y’all!!! Never again will you carry that weight!!! Yahooooooo!!!

13. Tutu's Gravatar

Posted by Tutu on 04/01/11 at 12:30 pm

Oh my God – here it comes….see them all standing up in the front row with their arms held high?
    It’s the WAVE happening for your awesome family of four. Your Tutu is SO proud of you all, just like Granny said – what this whole commitment has done for your family’s strength and unity and learning curve is beyond words.
    Happy, proud Tutu over here in Hawaii.
    Love you all

14. Gramps's Gravatar

Posted by Gramps on 04/01/11 at 12:44 pm

Hey, Gramps is proud of you too !!!

15. butchay's Gravatar

Posted by butchay on 04/06/11 at 12:01 am

congrats!!!like you,we’re also a family of four,we have 7 yr old twin boys :-) and i must say,ur story was inspiring,not just paying debts,following ur advices and seeing the sacrifices ur family has made can also be used to build up savings steadily if ur not in debt,thanks for sharing ur journey!!! i guess now ur family can enjoy a fun vacation! finally!!! congrats dad and mon.kisses to the twins!!! mwahhhhhhhh

16. Karyn's Gravatar

Posted by Karyn on 04/06/11 at 12:19 pm

Congratulations! I know how long the journey has been for you. How light you must feel.

17. Kelly's Gravatar

Posted by Kelly on 04/07/11 at 9:22 am

Wow! Congratulations! I’ve been following your progress for the past year with increased interest. You and your family have become an inspiration for me as I have one year left to go to becoming debt free myself. Thank you for providing such inspiration and encouragement for the rest of us. Thank you!

18. Paul's Gravatar

Posted by Paul on 04/10/11 at 3:15 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Love your site and hope you don’t stop now. Keep us up to date on what you are doing for the future.

19. Karen Siechen's Gravatar

Posted by Karen Siechen on 05/22/11 at 5:49 pm

Aloha Shelly with that BEAUTIFUL, SHINING SMILE!! What a gift you are. Thank you for giving me a lift every time I see you. Would love to get ot know you better.

Aloha nui loa,

Karen (tall, KMS)

20. OhioScott's Gravatar

Posted by OhioScott on 05/28/11 at 1:42 pm

Yahoo! Way to go! Feels great right? We got out of debt in March and it’s awesome. Next month, around the 23rd or so, you’re going to get a shiver and a little bead of sweat is going to form on your forehead because your gut is going to say “Oh NO! I missed the (insert debt here) payment!” And then you’re going to smile and think…I’m debt free! Now hit BS3 and knock it out!

21. Stacie's Gravatar

Posted by Stacie on 05/30/11 at 12:48 pm

I am so excited for you and your family! Congratulations!

22. Julie's Gravatar

Posted by Julie on 06/14/11 at 8:13 pm

I just found your blog. My husband and I are 2 months into the long “get out of debt” journey. I hope you will leave this blog up so I can read the posts over and over again to give me strength as I go through many of the same trials and challenges you have now conquered.

Congratulations! I can only imagine how great being debt free must feel:)

23. Steve MoneyPlanSOS Stewart's Gravatar

Posted by Steve MoneyPlanSOS Stewart on 07/07/11 at 6:27 pm

I am so sorry I missed this post! Welcome to the Debt Free Club!
    We’re a weird bunch, but we’re not stressed out or making stupid decisions.

Maybe you have dropped one of those extra jobs. Getting sleep now?
    You’ve climbed out. Congratulations.

So, when’s the next blog post?

24. Tobi Baker's Gravatar

Posted by Tobi Baker on 01/13/12 at 6:24 am

Yahoo congratulations, the feeling must be amazing !!!

Respond to this post